1) Bob Cesca’s Goddamn Awesome Blog GO! Bob is an inspiration to me. He’s prolific, unafraid to be informatively wonkish, and his snark is consistently entertaining. A daily dose of fresh air.
2) Deus Ex Malcontent Chez Pazienza is not only an astute political observer, he writes about American culture and media with razor-sharp wit.
3) Zandar Versus The Stupid The pseudonymous Zandar does exactly what his title implies, hammering Teh Stupid™ every day with consistent logic and factual observation.
4) Chris Weigant Chris writes a single post every weekday, but what he might lack in output is more than made up in quality. His Friday Talking Points are essential reading.
5) Alabama Ass Whuppin’ Not only does this blog keep me up to date with the doings of The Drive By Truckers, but the anonymous author of this blog is, like me, a member of that rare breed: southern liberals.
6) Oliver Willis chronicles Teh Crazy™ better than any blogger out there. He’s also the newest member of the Banter Media network and thoroughly deserves your attention.
7) Newstalgia is one of the least-known subdomains of Crooks & Liars, and that is a damn shame. Blogger Gordon Skene provides a cultural oasis, posting random sound clips every day: rare documents of American history, digitized 78 records, radio reports from WWII, you name it.
8) The Map Scroll Blogger Chachy posts the most interesting maps — of all kinds. Disease vector maps, human development maps, natural disasters, voting patterns, whatever.
9) Hullabaloo I’ve actually had the bounty of meeting the mysterious Digby and she’s the most wonderful, unassuming person you could ever hope to meet. She’s also one of the best bloggers in the world.
10) Just My Little Piece of the World Annette is the truest example of citizen journalist I’ve ever found. She’s come very far in a short period of time and I hope she never, ever stops writing.
Now I am supposed to list ten honest things about myself:
1) I will eat any kind of fresh fruit. The more exotic, the better.
2) There is exactly one tattoo on my shoulder.
3) My desk is a mess and I like it that way.
4) My girlfriend weighs 101 pounds and has a lip ring.
5) I have actually drunk camel’s milk, still warm and fresh from the camel. It was surprisingly tasty.
6) As I mentioned above, I am a map nut. I get it from my dad. My favorites are the old illuminated ones with sea monsters.
7) Yes, I am an X-Files fan and I enjoy Star Trek (but not Voyager — ugh! Janeway SUCKED).
8) There is nothing, nothing in the world quite as much fun as firing automatic weaponry.
9) Yes, I am still working on that novel. Slowly.
10) I have a pet rabbit and prefer him to a dog or cat; he’s far less demanding. Just a piece of carrot every now and then and he’s happy. His name is “A Pimp Named Slickback,” and yes that is a Bookdocks reference.
Honest Weblog Award Rules:
1. You must brag about the award.
2. You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to that blogger.
3. You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with the Honest Weblog Award.
5. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself.
Then pass it on with the instructions!